Violence Intervention Services, a program of Student Wellness Services, the Division of Student Affairs, and in collaboration with many other campus partners, provides an array of advocacy services for victims of sexual assault, physical/emotional abuse, stalking and harassment, including:
- counseling, medical and legal referrals both on campus and in the community
- assisting victims in accessing resources
- providing information on all reporting and complaint options and how to file such complaints (including university disciplinary, criminal, and civil complaints)
- assistance in securing updates concerning the status of University and criminal complaints
- assistance in accessing safe housing, including alternate campus housing
- assistance with requests for changes in academic class schedule and other academic accommodations
- assistance in obtaining University no contact orders and no trespass orders
- assistance in obtaining reimbursement for crime-related expenses
- accompanying victims to meetings with university, law enforcement, and other officials, as requested by the victim
- assistance in preparing victim impact statements
- prevention programming, education and outreach
- consultation with students, faculty and staff who are concerned about someone they believe was harmed
All Violence Intervention services are confidential and free-of-charge.
Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct Policy
Members of the campus community are entitled to an educational and working environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Read more...